Hotel Vito d’Asio, Restaurants Vito d’Asio, Bed and breakfast Vito d’Asio, Holiday Farms Vito d’Asio
- 53,85 sq. km
- 320 m a.s.l.
- Piazza Municipio, 1
- 33090 - Vito d Asio (PN)
- Anduins, Casiacco, Pielungo, S. Francesco, Battaias, Cedolins, Celante di Vito, Fruins, Marinis, Paveon, Reonis, Selets, Valentinis
The artistic core of Vito d’Asio is outside town, in the isolated Pieve of San Martino (rural parish church), whose interior is dominated by the large stone altar by G.A. Pilacorte (1525-28), a veritable threedimensional anthology of popular devotion, with the statues of Enthroned Virgin with Child surrounded, from base to top, by the statues of St. Martin and the poor, SS. James, Maria Magdalene, Lucia, Margherita and John the Evangelist, Nativity and SS. Michael Archangel and Nicola, up to the cymatium showing the Crucifixion and gable with Holy Father, Angel and Our Lady of the Annunciation. In the town centre is the parish church of San Michele Arcangelo (18th cent.) with a notable Virgin of the Rosary (1835) painted by O. Politi, while the Neo-Gothic Castle of Count G. Ceconi di Montececon at Pielungo (end of 19th century) takes visitors to a fairy-like dimension.