Hotel Turriaco, Restaurants Turriaco, Bed and breakfast Turriaco, Holiday Farms Turriaco
- 5,28 sq. km
- 12 m a.s.l.
- Piazza Libertà, 13
- 34070 - Aiello del Friuli (GO)
Located at the confluence of River Torre into River Isonzo, the town still has a few late-Baroque buildings. The Parish Church of S. Rocco was built in 1740-46 on a project by Lorenzo Martinuzzi after a smaller church, maybe 16th-century, had been demolished. On the outside, the façade, divided in three sections, and the sturdy bell tower are worth of note. Inside, the church contains several works of art, in particular a ceiling fresco by M. Furlanetto (1813) and a precious altarpiece with Virgin and Saints by G.B. Grassi (1574) on the high altar. Inside an 18th-century side altar is the skull of S. Cornelio Papa, a present from Pope Clemente X. Opposite the Parish Church, please note the beautiful 17th-18th-century Palazzo or Villa Fonda, former Priuli.