Hotel Torviscosa, Restaurants Torviscosa, Bed and breakfast Torviscosa, Holiday Farms Torviscosa
- 48,17 sq. km
- 3 m a.s.l.
- Piazza del Popolo, 1
- 33050 - Torviscosa (UD)
- Arrodola, Banduzzi, Chiarmacis, Fornelli, Malisana, Villaggio Roma
Located along the Roman Via Annia (hence the important archaeological finds), the town, formerly called Zuino then Torre di Zuino, was first mentioned in documents in 1278 as having a castle. The industrial expansion during the Fascist period deeply changed both the urban plan and vocation of the town, giving life to a rational road network and boosting the realization of urban fittings (the monumental sculptures by L. Lodi), public and private buildings, sports facilities and factories that have made Torviscosa one of the clearest examples of Fascist town planning. Of the old town only the 18th-century Parish Church (Madonna del Rosario) remains, containing several works of the same period and a vivid wooden Virgin with Child of the Tolmezzo school (16th cent.). Interesting is also the Cemetery church at Malisana, of probably early Romanesque origin though restructured and enlarged between the 15th and 17th centuries, with the bell tower on the façade. Inside, the Gothic choir shows frescoes attributed to Giovanni de Cramariis (15th cent.) and the altar stands on the drum of a Doric column.