Hotel Terzo d’Aquileia, Restaurants Terzo d’Aquileia, Bed and breakfast Terzo d’Aquileia, Holiday Farms Terzo d’Aquileia
- 28,23 sq. km
- 5 m a.s.l.
- V. due giugno, 22
- 33050 - Terzo d Aquileia (UD)
- Malborghetto, Paludo, Ronchi, San Martino
An agricultural centre situated, as its name suggests, at the third mile from old Aquileia, it also preserves the Anfora Canal to witness its Roman origin. In the neighbourhood of S. Martino, the small church dedicated to the Saint (12th-18th centuries), enclosed in a ring of walls, still preserves important frescoed cycles: the early 16th-century Coronation of the Virgin, Angels and Fathers of the Church in the apse (though difficult to attribute), and a group of Saints on the northern wall probably dating to the year 1000. Close to the church is an interesting architectural complex, probably a monastery. In Terzo also Palazzo Vianelli (18th cent.), now housing the Town Hall, and the large Parish church dedicated to San Biagio (19th cent.) in whose apse Sebastiano Santi frescoed his Trinity with Choirs of Angels (1788- 1866) may be visited.