Hotel Ruda, Restaurants Ruda, Bed and breakfast Ruda, Holiday Farms Ruda
- 18,80 sq. km
- 12 m a.s.l.
- V. Mosettig, 2
- 33050 - Ruda (UD)
- Alture, Cortona, Mortesins, Perteole, Saciletto, San Nicolò
Archaeological finds are evidence of the Roman origins of the town, which acquired greater importance when a medieval cultural centre and hospice was founded by the Templar Knights in S. Nicolò di Levata, of which only the often remodelled church by the same name, enriched with Roman friezes on the southern side, and the building called La Commenda, namely the hospice, remain. A walk along the historical park of Villa Jachia (17th-19th centuries) leads to the centre of Ruda, dominated by the parish church of S. Stefano (18th-19th centuries) with its lovely frescoes by Sebastiano Santi (1789-1866) and double bell tower. In the neighbourhood of Perteole, the small church of SS. Andrea and Anna (9th-18th centuries) contains an exquisite Carolingian pluteus and a rare examples of Byzantine-style Romanesque frescoes; in 1989 a small treasure was found in its interior: 1164 silver coins minted in the 1200s. The same neighbourhood also houses the elegant 18th-century parish church of SS. Tommaso and Andrea, while in Saciletto one of the few castles in the Bassa (13th-19th centuries- now Villa Antonini d’Angeri) and the 18th-century Villa Antonini, Belgrado, Righi, Formentini can be seen. Notable buildings are also found at Alture.