Hotel Ronchi dei Legionari, Restaurants Ronchi dei Legionari, Bed and breakfast Ronchi dei Legionari, Holiday Farms Ronchi dei Legionari
- 16,98 sq. km
- 11 m a.s.l.
- Piazza Unita , 1
- 34077 - Ronchi dei Legionari (GO)
- Cave di Selz , Soleschiano, Vermegliano
Not far from the Regional Airport, recent excavations have brought to light the remains of a Roman villa (1st-2nd centuries AD) with several mosaiced rooms. The Parish Church of San Lorenzo is of medieval origin, though completely rebuilt in 1923 after the war. The interior of the cross-shaped Church of SS. Trinità (1762) has several late-Baroque fittings, among which the sumptuous marble altar. In the neighbourhood of Vermegliano, the old church of S. Stefano was restructured in 1558 and contains lively 1576 frescoes attributed to Sebastiano Secante, as well as 15thcentury fragments of paintings. The name of Ronchi is linked to two important historical events: the arrest of patriot Guglielmo Oberdan (1882) and D’Annunzio’s March on Fiume (1919).