Hotel Ragogna, Restaurants Ragogna, Bed and breakfast Ragogna, Holiday Farms Ragogna
- 2,43 sq. km
- 235 m a.s.l.
- V.XXV Aprile
- 33030 - Ragogna (UD)
- Ca'Farra, Muris, Pignano, San Giacomo, San Pietro, Villuzza
The Castle of Ragogna, probably dating to the 7th century, was already mentioned by Paolo Diacono: small sections of its ruined walls and towers, together with Lombard stone materials brought to light during the archaeological excavations in the old Pieve of S. Pietro, is what remains of the oldest settlements in Ragogna. In the same Pieve, also a dilapidated cycle of Romanesque frescoes with scenes from the Genesis is still visible. Romanesque frescoes - and among the most expressive in Friuli – (Flight to Egypt, 11th-12th centuries) are found in the small church of SS. Lorenzo and Sebastiano at Villuzza, while in the church of Natività di Maria at Pignano frescoes by Gianfrancesco da Tolmezzo (1502) have surfaced during the restoration works following the 1976 earthquake. The parish church of S. Pietro in Ragogna is a large modern building, mainly neo-Gothic in style (1905-1921), preserving a marble altar created by Francesco Sabbadini in 1750 and 18th-century altarpieces coming from the old church. Also the church of S. Giacomo is modern, built in the style of a Romanesque basilica on a design by Cesare Miani (1932) and decorated with frescoes and tempera works by Tiburzio Donadon.