Hotel Pasian di Prato, Restaurants Pasian di Prato, Bed and breakfast Pasian di Prato, Holiday Farms Pasian di Prato
- 15,30 sq. km
- 105 m a.s.l.
- V. Roma, 46
- 33037 - Pasian di Prato (UD)
- Colloredo di Prato, Passons, Santa Caterina
The parish church of S. Giacomo Apostolo was designed and built by Giacomo Della Mea on the site of a 18th-century building demolished (with the ceiling fresco of 1773) in 1961. It is a single-nave church made of brick and reinforced concrete, with prominent ribs in the vault and gable façade with a small porch. The tall bell tower in mixed styles, built between 1898 and 1910 on a design by Elia D’Aronco at first, then Ernesto Bergagna and finally Luigi Pitocco, has
a bronze statue of the Redeemer on top designed by Luigi De Paoli, the sculptor from Pordenone. Also the parish church of S. Martino at Passons dates from the late 1800s (1870 design by Giobatta Lunari carried out by the Girolamo D’Aronco’s firm): inside are notable a Antofresco by Giovanni Battista Sello on the nave ceiling (Assumption), a painting by Angelo Rizzi (St. Anthony, 1926), and an altar by Isidoro Zugolo (1900). Giuseppe Stuflesser’s (1938) are instead the wooden statues of St. Anthony and the Sacred Heart. The ancient small church of S. Caterina has recently revealed important medieval frescoes remarkable both for their historical and artistic value and for their beauty and age. At Colloredo di Prato, which still preserves the old ring of walls surrounding several typical houses, the 18th-century Villa Sabadini is notable. The municipality of Pasian is also graced with lovely naturalistic areas as the park of Torrent Cormor and the agricultural landscape though which Torrent Lavia flows.