Hotel Montereale Valcellina, Restaurants Montereale Valcellina, Bed and breakfast Montereale Valcellina, Holiday Farms Montereale Valcellina
- 67,85 sq. km
- 317 m a.s.l.
- Via M. Ciotti, 122
- 33086 - Montereale Valcellina (PN)
- Grizzo, Malnisio, San Leonardo
Montereale is a complex reality, the last outpost of the plain huddled on the ravines of Valcellina: an interesting archaeological site (with the protohistoric necropolis of the Dominu), in the last decades it has become, its decentralised location notwithstanding, a dynamic cultural centre, owing mainly to the initiatives of Circolo Culturale Menocchio. Among the many churches in the territory, the rural church (pieve) of San Rocco is a must, with its choir frescoes by G.M. Zaffoni, called Calderari (1560), one of
the most articulated and meditated reappraisals of Pordenone’s style. Noteworthy paintings are also preserved in the oratory of Beata Vergine delle Grazie (Enthroned Virgin with Child, Saints and donor by G. Stefanelli, mid-16th cent.) and in the oratory of San Floriano, where the early 17th-century painting spreads onto the walls with devotional images culminating in the central painting by G. Narvesa (Virgin with Child in Triumph among Saints).
At San Leonardo, two more altarpieces by Narvesa dominate the nave in the parish church, putting forward with their holy characters the contrasting chromatic and compositional choices typical of the artist’s personal approach to Mannerism. At Malnisio the series of works by the artist from Pordenone includes San Nicolò in Triumph and SS. Valentine, Daniel, Floriano, Bernardino da Siena in the church of San Giovanni Battista. Finally, at Grizzo, the church of San Bartolomeo has a 16th-century spout whose basin is supported from below by a plump putto-telamon.