Hotel Meduno, Restaurants Meduno, Bed and breakfast Meduno, Holiday Farms Meduno
- 31,25 sq. km
- 313 m a.s.l.
- Via Roma, 15
- 33093 - Aiello del Friuli (PN)
- Navarons, Avon, Ciago, Cilia, Costa, Del Bianco, Mizzeri, Pitagora, Romanis, San Martino, Sottomonte, Valle
The Neoclassical parish church of Santa Maria and SS. Filippo and Giacomo contains several pieces coming from the original medieval church: a baptismal font by G.A. Pilacorte (1485), a majestic marble altar by Giovanni Trognon from Venice (sec. XVIII), with statues and frontal of the same period by Giuseppe Bernardi- Torretti, but most of all a Virgin with Child and St. Urbano in Triumph with SS. Gottardo, Filippo and Giacomo Minore (1739-1744) by G.B. Piazzetta, full of chromaticity and chiaroscuro effects. The grisaille of Dormitio Virginis is the only extant fragment of the frescoes by G.C. Bevilacqua (1838) on the nave ceiling. Not far from the centre is the church of S. Martino in Castello containing a Virgin with Child between St. Martin and the poor and a Bishop Saint (by Pietro da San Vito, beginning of 16th century).