Hotel Martignacco, Restaurants Martignacco, Bed and breakfast Martignacco, Holiday Farms Martignacco
- 26,72 sq. km
- 141 m a.s.l.
- V. della Libertà, 1
- 33035 - Martignacco (UD)
- Casanova, Ceresetto, Faugnacco, Nogaredo di Prato, Torreano
The new parish church of S. Maria Assunta at Martignacco (1909) contains some altarpieces coming from the previous church, in particular two paintings of Virgin with Child and Saints by Gio. Battista de Rubeis (1775-76) and the Virgin with Child and Saints (1784) and St. Antonio da Padova by Giovanni Battista Tosolini. Annexed to 16th-century Villa Deciani is the small church of S. Nicolò, preserving a cycle of 14th-century frescoes showing a miracle by St. Nicolò which is remarkable for the liveliness of narration, the soft use of colours and attention to details. In the oratory of the Madonna di Loreto, at Torreano, built on the grounds of Villa di Prampero, delicate stucco works by Lorenzo Retti and G.B. Bareglio frame a lovely cycle of frescoes by Giulio Quaglio (1700). At Ceresetto, a fresco by Carlo Boldi in the church of S. Michele portrays the Assumption (1801) and a painting by Lorenzo Rizzi (Virgin with Child, 1863) can be seen. Several nice villas (dating from the 16th to the 20th century) are interspersed in the area at Martignacco, Faugnacco, Ceresetto, and Torreano.