Hotel Ligosullo, Restaurants Ligosullo, Bed and breakfast Ligosullo, Holiday Farms Ligosullo
- 16,75 sq. km
- 949 m a.s.l.
- V. Treppo, 1
- 33020 - Aiello del Friuli (UD)
- Murzalis Ottocento. origini sembrano XVsecolo, 1880, epoca Murzalis
The best known building in Ligosullo, a small village on the road connecting Treppo Carnico to Paularo, is no doubt Castle Valdajer, a very peculiar construction now turned into a hotel, reminiscent, in its previous architectural forms, of the late 19th-century eclectic style. The Castle, whose origins may be dated to the 15th century, was rebuilt in 1880 when it acquired its present look. Destroyed by a fire set during the 1917 retreat of the Italian troops, it was then restructured at first by Counts Craigher, then by its present-day owners. In the 18th-century parish church of S. Nicolò the wooden high altar is attributable to Girolamo Comuzzo and contains a painting by Giorgio Monsuro from San Daniele (Virgin with Child and SS. Nicolò and Bartolomeo, 1661). The vault is decorated with frescoes by local painter Giovanni Moro (20th cent.).