Hotel Forgaria nel Friuli, Restaurants Forgaria nel Friuli, Bed and breakfast Forgaria nel Friuli, Holiday Farms Forgaria nel Friuli
- 29,13 sq. km
- 270 m a.s.l.
- P.Tre Martiri
- 33030 - Forgaria nel Friuli (UD)
- Cornino, Flagogna, Monte Prat, S.Rocco
The parish church of S. Lorenzo at Forgaria was already mentioned in a document of 1254 and had been embellished – between the 19th and 20th centuries – with frescoes by brothers Giuseppe and Luigi Filipponi from Udine (1899), Francesco Barazzutti from Gemona (1911), Giuseppe Barazzutti (1938), Antonio Della Marina and Domenico Forgiarini (1947). It was completely destroyed in 1976 during the earthquake and is now being restored, as are other public and religious buildings in the territory. In the reconstructed church of Madonna at Flagogna a notable wooden bust of the Virgin with blessing Child (end of 15th cent., Domenico da Tolmezzo’s studio) is preserved; the 16th-century carved wooden altar by Battista Martini is going to be placed here (it was formerly set in S. Nicolò at Flagogna and has been excellently restored after the earthquake). The Castle of S. Giovanni, or Castelnuovo, located on a hill ridge dominating the town of Flagogna, dates instead to the 13th century.