Hotel Fiumicello, Restaurants Fiumicello, Bed and breakfast Fiumicello, Holiday Farms Fiumicello
- 22,90 sq. km
- 6 m a.s.l.
- V. Gramsci, 8
- 33050 - Fiumicello (UD)
- Papariano, San Antonio, San Lorenzo, San Valentino
The River Isonzo flows close to the town in a land rich in water (see Parco dell’Isonzo). Originally a suburb of Roman Aquileia, Fiumicello was crossed by Via Gemina, on both sides of which stood elegant villas and important necropolises (the majestic Mausoleum of Candia, now reconstructed in Aquileia, was found here). In the neighbourhood of San Lorenzo an interesting medieval house, probably a hospice, and the 16th-century Pieve of S. Lorenzo may be seen, the latter boasting the bell tower on the façade and the high altar with an impressive stone set of Mourning of Christ by Carlo da Carona (1547). The same artist is also the author of St. Valentine’s statue preserved in the Parish church dedicated to the Saint. Villa Gorup De Franzoni and its chapel, Villa Peteani Rigatti and Villa Gregorutti date instead from the 18th century. The town of Fiumicello is well renown in Italy for its excellent production of peaches.