Hotel Faedis, Restaurants Faedis, Bed and breakfast Faedis, Holiday Farms Faedis
- 46,61 sq. km
- 172 m a.s.l.
- P. Monsignor Pelizzo, 13
- 33040 - Faedis (UD)
- Campeglio, Canal di Grivò, Canebola, Clap, Raschiacco, Ronchis, Valle di Soffumbergo
The parish church of S. Maria Assunta is a large, stern neo-Gothic church designed and built by Domenico Rupolo and consecrated in 1934. A 16thcentury fresco with the Last Supper by Francesco Nasocchi is notable inside, together with a Pentecost altarpiece attributable to Francesco Floreani (1593) and a beautiful Baroque high altar. The small church of S. Maria in Colvillano contained paintings by Giovanni Martini which were unfortunately stolen around 1975, but now still preserves good frescoes by Gaspare Negro (16th cent.), while the cemetery church of S. Pietro degli Slavi has a remarkable wooden altar by Giovanni Martini (1522) devised with a Renaissance structure with statues of Virgin with Child and Saints in niches on two levels. The ruins of the castles of Zucco and Cucagna stand on the surrounding hills, with the small church of Madonna di Zucco and its 14th-century fresco. Also the Castle of Soffumbergo, built in the 12th- 14th centuries over Campeglio, is now dilapidated.