Hotel Coseano, Restaurants Coseano, Bed and breakfast Coseano, Holiday Farms Coseano
- 23,95 sq. km
- 121 m a.s.l.
- L.go Municipio, 124
- 33030 - Coseano (UD)
- Barazzetto, Cisterna, Maseris, Nogaredo di Corno
Historically, the name of Coseano is linked to the peculiar position the whole town took in 1886: it was the only town in Friuli to vote against annexation to Italy, deserving the name of ‘Cosean dal no’. In the parish church of S. Giacomo are a cycle of frescoes by Lorenzo Bianchini in the choir and nave (Crucifixion, the Virgin with St. James and the souls of Purgatory, 19th cent.) and by Titta Gori in the vault (Evangelists, ca. 1911), while the 18th-century side altar has statues by Giacomo Contiero. In the parish church of S. Maria Assunta at Cisterna, Fred Pittino left good frescoes, lively in colour and traditional in the iconography, on the presbytery end wall and controfacciata (Miracle of the Eucharist and Madonna of Lourdes, 1957). At Barazzetto, in the church of SS. Pietro and Paolo are the statues of the two Saints by Giacomo Contiero, ca. 1750, while in S. Giorgio at Nogaredo di Corno there are shown good 18th- and 19th-century marble altars, a notable altarpiece with St. George freeing the painted by Giacomo Secante in 1557. On top of the 17th-century bell tower is the characteristic angel-shaped weather vane by Vincenzo Vallan from Maniago (1775).