Hotel Codroipo, Restaurants Codroipo, Bed and breakfast Codroipo, Holiday Farms Codroipo
- 74,60 sq. km
- 43 m a.s.l.
- P. Garibaldi, 81
- 33033 - Codroipo (GO)
- Beano, Biauzzo, Goricizza, Iutizzo, Lonca, Muscletto, Passariano, Pozzo, Rividischia, Rivolto, SanMartin o, SanPietro, Zompicchia
The name of Codroipo derives from Latin Quadruvium, a crossroads of the Via Postumia and Via Iulia Concordia ad silanos. The place was inhabited since Roman times, which explains the numerous archaeological finds most of which are now displayed in the local museum. Interesting rural districts are found at a Goricizza, Lonca, Muscletto, Passariano, San Martino as well as ancient mills, as the still operating Mulino di Bert, dating to 1450. Several prestigious civil buildings are spread in the municipality, among which mention must be made of Villa Colloredo Mels, at Muscletto, with its small central body flanked by two towers and rustic annexes, large park and fishpond; at San Martino, Villa Kechler, erected between the 16th and 17th centuries, has a manor house with large central salon, double grand staircase and large park. Religious buildings contain remarkable works of art: the church of S. Maria Maggiore, rebuilt between 1731 and 1752 by Francesco and Pietro Andrioli, has a Baroque altar with two marble statues by Angelo Marinali and a wooden Pietà set (16th cent.); other altars were made by Giorgio Massari, Giambattista Bettini, Pietro Balbi, Andrea Scala (the author of the Neoclassical altar of the Crucifix); moreover, there are paintings by Pietro Politio (1550), Gaspare Diziani (1765), Giuseppe Tominz. Michelangelo Grigoletti, and frescoes by Giovanni De Min and Lorenzo Bianchini. Inside S. Caterina at Lonca, Bernardino Blaceo left a wooden triptych with painted figures (1537). At Rivolto, in the parish church of S. Michele is a 17th-century wooden altar by Osvaldo Gortanutti and frescoes by Antonio da Firenze (end of 15th cent.) in the small church of S. Cecilia.