Hotel Cavasso Nuovo, Restaurants Cavasso Nuovo, Bed and breakfast Cavasso Nuovo, Holiday Farms Cavasso Nuovo
- 10,46 sq. km
- 300 m a.s.l.
- Piazza Pebliscito, 12
- 33090 - Cavasso Nuovo (PN)
- Orgnese, Dreon, Grilli, Mas, Runcis, Petrucco, Vescovi
The image of Cavasso Nuovo is undoubtedly linked to its most important civil building, namely Palazzo Polcenigo (called -Palazat-), an 18th-century building combining a castle-like imposing structure (with side towers and rusticated frames) with elements typical of villa architecture (raised central body, and stucco decorations and allegorical frescoes inside). However, the artistic core of the town is the church of San Remigio, housing a Visitation with SS. John the Baptist, Antonio da Padova and Nicolò by N. Grassi (1740s): in the painting, the saints in the foreground lead the viewer to the iconographic nucleus of the painting consisting in a -reported painting-, according the a technique established in the previous century. As for frescoes, apart some 17th-century fragments now preserved in the parsonage, the wide frescoed Assumption of the Virgin with Evangelists’ symbols is worth mentioning, executed by A. Urbani (1783) on the nave ceiling. As for stone works instead, the baptismal font by Francesco da Meduno (early 16th cent.), with 18th-century wooden cover, is paired with Marzio da Polcenigo tomb (1650).