Hotel Cassacco, Restaurants Cassacco, Bed and breakfast Cassacco, Holiday Farms Cassacco
- 11,63 sq. km
- 179 m a.s.l.
- Piazza Noacco, 1
- 33010 - Cassacco (UD)
- Conoglano, Martinazzo, Montegnacco, Raspano
Dominated by the ancient austere castle built on late Roman foundations, Cassacco was at first a fief of the della Torre family, then in 1381 Patriarch Bertrand granted it to the household of Savorgnan della Bandiera, who in turn sold it to the lords of Montegnacco in 1466, in whose possession the castle remained until 1947. Its present symmetric outlook, characterized by two towers and a portico opening onto the courtyard, probably dates from the 1480 restorations. The neo-Gothic parish church of S. Giovanni Battista, designed by parish priest Angelo Noacco in the mid-1900s contains 16thcentury frescoes. At Montegnacco, Villa Gallici Deciani (16th-18th centuries) has an elegant airy façade divided in three sections and double grand staircase with balustrade and sculptures.