Hotel Camino al Tagliamento, Restaurants Camino al Tagliamento, Bed and breakfast Camino al Tagliamento, Holiday Farms Camino al Tagliamento
- 22,60 sq. km
- 34 m a.s.l.
- V. Roma, 2
- 33030 - Aiello del Friuli (UD)
- Bugnins, Glaunicco, Gorizzo, Pieve di Rosa, SanVidotto, Straccis
Of Roman origin, after the Hungarian invasions and devastations the settlement was populated by Slavs, as place names record: Glaunicco, Gorizzo, Straccis. The large church of Ognissanti at Camino was designed and built in Neo-Romanesque style by Pietro Zanini in 1927. The interior, embellished with traditional colourful frescoes by painter and restorer Tiburzio Donadon (1933-1937), contains the altar (1773, G. Periotti) and baptismal font and portal (1507, Giovanni Antonio Pilacorte) recovered from the old parish church. Pilacorte’s are also the statutes of the roadside shrinecalled ‘la Glisiute’. The oldest religious building, however, is the Pieve of Rosa, on the Tagliamento banks, which was already mentioned in13th-century documents: inside it has an altarpiece by Pietro Petrei (Trinity and souls in Purgatory) and by Lucilio Candido (St. Anthony, 1676). Lovely vault frescoes by Francesco Zamolo are found in the church of S. Canciano at Gorizzo (1719), while the churches of S. Andrea at Straccis visiting respectively for the 16th-century wooden statue of Virgin with Child carved by Bartolomeo dall’Occhio and the altarpiece of Virgin with Child and Saints (ca. 1532) by Pomponio Amalteo. The small church of S. Tommaso at Glaunicco shows a stone triptych by Carlo da Carona (ca. 1530), and the church of SS. Vito, Modesto and Crescenzia at San Vidotto has a painting of Virgin with Child and Saints by Giuseppe Moretto (16th cent.). The municipality also has several interesting civil buildings, among which the Glaunicco mill mentioned by Ippolito Nievo and Villa Colloredo Mels Mainardi Bianchi at Gorizzo (16th-17th cent.), with its two elongated ‘barchesse’, large lawn and century-old park where poet Ermes di Colloredo live.