Hotel Buttrio, Restaurants Buttrio, Bed and breakfast Buttrio, Holiday Farms Buttrio
- 17,75 sq. km
- 79 m a.s.l.
- V. Divisione Julia, 36
- 33042 - Buttrio (UD)
The hilly landscape of Buttrio is peppered with prestigious villas: Villa Bartolini Caimo Dragoni Florio Danieli, designed in its present form since 1636 by master mason Pietro Antonio Navarra, preserves luminous lovely frescoes of the late 1700s by Francesco Chiarottini and Giovanni Battista Canal; Villa di Toppo Florio, formerly inhabited by Count Francesco di Toppo who collected a conspicuous series of archaeological finds from Aquileia, opens onto a wide park; Villa Ottelio Papafava; Villa Morpurgo, or Castello. Consacrated in 1736, the parish church of S. Maria Assunta at Buttrio contains good 18thcentury altars and a wooden Virgin with Child by Antonio Tironi (1527). In S. Stefano are early 1500s popular frescoes and in S. Giacomo at Camino are Doctors of the Church and figures of Saints frescoed by Gian Paolo Thanner in 1532.