Hotel Bertiolo, Restaurants Bertiolo, Bed and breakfast Bertiolo, Holiday Farms Bertiolo
- 26,17 sq. km
- 33 m a.s.l.
- V.le Rimembranze, 1
- 33032 - Aiello del Friuli (UD)
- Pozzecco, Sterpo, Virco
The 18th-century parish church of S. Martino at Bertiolo contains frescoes by the French painter Loche on the vault and some nice altarpieces by Odorico Politi (St. Martin’s Alms, executed on a vow by Giacomo Mantovani from Bertiolo in 1822), by Francesco Pavona (Virgin of the Rosary, 1730), by Biagio Cestari and Pietro Bainville (18th cent.). The colourful stained-glass windows were created by Arrigo Poz (1983-1989). The nearby ancient Sanctuary of Beata Vergine di Screncis was designed with its imposing columns on the façade by Giuseppe Zandigiacomo in 1861. In the church of S. Andrea at Pozzecco, painter and cartoonist P.A. Senci executed wide, colourful choir frescoes (1945) and Rocco Pitacco left an altarpiece (19th cent.).