Hotel Andreis, Restaurants Andreis, Bed and breakfast Andreis, Holiday Farms Andreis
- 26,89 sq. km
- 455 m a.s.l.
- Via G. d Annunzio 42
- 33080 - Andreis (PN)
- Alcheda, Bosplans, Prapiero, Rompagnel
The town of Andreis is characterized by the close connection between the town and its natural surroundings, reinforced by the presence in the same building of the Museo Etnografico dell’Arte e Civiltà contadina (Ethnographic Museum of Country Art and Civilization) and of the Information and visit centre of the Natural Park of the Friuli Dolomites, as well as by the typical rural multi-storey houses, with external staircase made of stone and wood and landing closed by a small gate. Most works of art are concentrated in the church of Santa Maria delle Grazie: from the polychrome marble high altar, with shrine by G.B. Bettini (1748) and statues of SS. Peter and Paul (1750 ca.) by G. Contiero from Padua, to the mid-1700s marble St. Sebastian in Venetian style, showing fluidity of movement and extreme ability in the fretwork on the plinth; from the altarpiece with the Virgin of Rosary with Child and Saints to the Baptistery by Pietro Colusso di Meduno (1668).