Hotel Amaro, Restaurants Amaro, Bed and breakfast Amaro, Holiday Farms Amaro
- 33,26 sq. km
- 296 m a.s.l.
- V. Roma, 82
- 33020 - Amaro (UD)
The finding of coins and other objects, among which a tomb stone of the “gens Ammonia”, record that the territory of Amaro was inhabited since the oldest times. However, the earliest documents date from the end of the 14th century, when Amaro was requested to keep a bridge, or a boat, over Torrent Fella in exchange for the concession to exploit the resources of Mount Amariana. Pleasant excursions may be taken to Mount Amariana, the most popular in Carnia thanks to its pyramidal shape and its mild weather conditions; even more pleasant is the excursion to the waterfall of Torrent Favarinis which, not far from the confluence with Torrent Fella, runs through a narrow gorge on the southern side of Mount Amariana originating a waterfall of a few dozens metres. The parish church, built in the late 1800s on a design by Girolamo D’Aronco, has a modest altarpiece by Antonio Taddio (1846); but the 1593 high altar in the church of S. Valentino portraying the Pentecost is certainly more notable.